Friday, March 22, 2013

"Taste the Rainbow"

Fall 2012.
Omg. So I started out searching for fabric to make a quilt for my niece. I am soooo   attracted to bright happy colors and I absolutely LOVE Moda Marbles. After a trip to Prairie Quilt Shop in Batavia, IL I found my color palette. Now what to do. Wanted something quick and simple. Found the split rail pattern but wasn't loving it. I put the colors on the computer to help give me a visual. That helped!




Couldn't wait to start so I actually began this beauty before I left for Florida.  I had to have some sort of progress! 



Wasn't long before I had it up on the design wall.  I gotta get me one of these walls.  Its so much fun to see things come together.  My only problem is that I am loving it way too much.  Now the guilt.  I don't want to give it away. 




Does this border material not remind you of jawbreakers? 





Ok.  So I ended up keeping it after an inner turmoil and my friends giving me crap for even considering giving it away.  I can always make another one, right?  So I sewed my name and date into it so I wouldn't get weak.  Final quilt is called "Taste the Rainbow"  Because it reminds me of skittles!



No comments:

Post a Comment